Thursday 8 October 2015

Task 1a

I've just read through the module 1 handbook up until task 1a and I have to say it's a lot to take in!
I've never experienced this type of learning before, so I'm sure it'll take me a while to find my feet. Hopefully I'm not the only one.

In my last year at Tring Park there was an emphasis put on the importance of our CVs. Of course I had drafted many CVs beforehand but that was for work assignments, this year it could help us get a job. The pressure was on and so I needed to make sure that my CV was up to scratch. I always get my mum and dad to check it before anyone else because they have been in position where they've needed to employ people and the CV is the first impression you get from someone, so the smallest of mistakes could cost you the job.

Anyway, my CV is below and after about an hour of trying to upload a photo, I have decided against it. I used to think I was quite good with technology but if anyone can help me understand how to upload a photo onto this blog that would be much appreciated!


Laura Kennedy    

Tring Park School for the Performing Arts Graduate 2015




Date of birth: 18/06/1997     Age: 18

Height: 5 Ft 7 in

Education:

2012-2015 Trinity National Diploma in Professional Dance

2012-2014 A level History and Religious Studies

2010-2012 GCSE's: English Literature and Language, Maths, French, Science Double award, Religious studies, History and Geography

Performance Experience:

2015 Tring Park School - Rhapsody, Aylesbury Waterside Theatre

2014 Tring Park School - Dance with the Gods, Aylesbury Waterside Theatre

2010 English National Ballet, The London Coliseum, The Nutcracker, Young Clara

2010 English National Ballet, The Royal Albert Hall, Swan Lake, Village Child

2009 English National Ballet, The London Coliseum, The Nutcracker, Ensemble child

Professional Experience:

2015 Encore Dance Company, Tour of the UK, Company member. Artistic Director Antony Dowson.
Choreographers included Antony Dowson and James Streeter (Junior Soloist English National Ballet)

2014 Tring Park School 3rd year Choreography show, Tracing Tendencies, Markova Theatre

2015 Currently working part time at Starbucks 

Training:

Tring Park School for the Performing Arts 2005-2015

Trained by: Antony Dowson, Terry Wright, Jeremy Kerridge and Desire Samaai

Currently:

Middlesex University, BA(Hons) Professional Practice in Arts  

Mentee of Lisa Davies - trained at The Royal Ballet and is now running her own dance school, Lisa Davies School of Dance.



















 
















3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why there is a huge gap between the end of my CV and the bottom of the page but I'll try to sort it out for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura - it is good to hear that your college identified with the need for a good CV - have you seen any online 'CVs' or personalities that you like on others' blogs
    Her are a few I found googling
    Tring
    http://www.tringpark.com/news
    a collective one
    blog dance choreographher
    http://blog.discountdance.com
    http://mattsteffanina.com/blog/
    http://blog.siobhandavies.com
    http://www.personalbrandingblog.com/learning-to-dance-an-interview-with-ben-weston/
    http://www.4dancers.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt exactly the same after reading the misuse 1 handbook it does seem a lot to take in doesn't it. Every task I'm getting I feel like I'm re-reading the brief countless times before getting into writing the blog about it but that's what it's all about isn't it? We're all hear to aid each other and get the most out of the course together....

    Your CV looks great though :-) I uploaded my cv onto google documents and on that it has my cv which has a photo on it and then all of my credits etc on it and then put that onto my blog as a link ... Check it out ☺️ If you need anymore help let me know xxx

    ReplyDelete