Tuesday 22 March 2016

Task 5a- Ethics

I'm still in the process of researching my three pieces of literature so I thought that I would continue with task 5a and then come back to my research.

I have a part time job as a waitress but this does not relate to my topic of inquiry, so I thought I would draw some experience with the teachers that I shadow. I'm looking to do my PGCE after Middlesex, so I thought it would be helpful to shadow some teachers where I live and gain some experience. The task said that we should rely solely on our thoughts and experiences, so this is what I believe you have to take into consideration when teaching:


  • Child protection and safe guarding (no sexual, physical or emotional abuse)
  • Reporting anyone who you see abusing a child/children 
  • Making sure you have parents consent with anything that you are planning
  • Keeping yourself at an appropriate distance from the child 
  • Being appropriately dressed
  • Keeping your language clean
  • Treating all children equally 
  • Making sure all health and safety checks are up to date
  • Being responsible for the childs wellbeing e.g. appropriate warm up and cool down and response to injury
  • Making sure they have the correct information about how to look after their injury or giving them access to a physiotherapist
  • Keeping on top of all dancers injuries
  • Making sure other staff (if any) know the rules and are abiding by them
  • Monitoring staff to make sure rules are being followed 
  • Keeping your personal life separate
  • Keeping physical touching to a minimal/only when necessary to explain something
  • Noticing behaviour changes in a child
That's all I can think of for right now but I'm sure in the next task I will find out more!

1 comment:

  1. health and safety policy? - both schools and businesses - policy online for schools used as examples?
    how would "Treating all children equally " or "Keeping physical touching to a minimal/only when necessary to explain something" be realised in an educational context? is this performance or other school situation? Are there other professional codes beyond safeguarding - what is safeguarding? Lianne in M3 is looking at this topic in dance schools...

    ReplyDelete