Tuesday 25 October 2016

Starting Module 3

Hi everyone!

I've been very slow getting started on the module because life is a bit hectic at the moment, which I'm sure everyones is. To begin, I have re-read my Module 2 inquiry to remind myself of my ideas and objectives. Below I have written a summary of my project so far as suggested by the handbook, taking into account the feedback I received from Module 2.

Working title: 'Initial study into establishing a Dance school and improving my knowledge of teaching'

Research Inquiry Questions:


1. What Preparation is needed to start a Dance School?

2. What are the roles and responsibilities of a Dance teacher?

3. What are the different teaching styles and techniques?

I realise that as part of my final piece I will have to define the terms, dance school, dance teacher and explain in detail what I have been researching. 

Ethical Issues:

The ethics Board has approved my research and I am aware of the ethical procedures I have to follow to ensure my research is carried out correctly. As a researcher I will ensure participants autonomy, keep data protected and make sure everyone is treated equally and with respect. Before my participants are involved in my inquiry, it is my responsibility to inform them of the nature of the inquiry, how I am going to use the data that I collect and why their involvement is necessary and how I will protect them as a source of information. Each participant will need to sign a consent form before I start my research and any questions that they have I will answer. My participants will know their right to withdraw from the inquiry without it affecting my research.


In addition I will be re-reading Reader 5 to refresh my memory on ethical considerations to ensure my research is structured accordingly. 


Literary Review:

My literary review is in the process of being expanded from the items I found in Module 2. After reading my feedback I am interested in looking into Gardner's theory of 'Multiple intelligence' as I believe it will further my inquiry questions. Furthermore, the nature of my inquiry requires me to look more into statistics and figures, which I haven't explored yet. 

Changes:

I haven't got any major changes to my inquiry as off yet, but I will be keeping my options open for any possible changes depending of where my research takes me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any comments are welcome as I'm sure everyone is feeling overwhelmed about this Module!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura - we have talked but it would be great to have an update on the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura any more updates? time to send your critical review for feedback soon.

    ReplyDelete